Free Write
Time passes. Spiritual strides seem to have been made. I am King of the whole Nation. A Righteous Kingdom, a Righteous King. The Lord has prospered my hand. He has enlightened my mind. My influence is great over all the land. On the Balcony, I take a moment to soak it all in under the stars. It's a warm night. I notice that no one is around, yet I hear water splashing. My ears lead my eyes to the source of the noise. A woman bathing. I look. The look leads to lust, the lust leads to darker paths. Blood is spilt, and in a moment that seems all to fast, I am alone. All is lost. I wake up in a cold sweat and see myself back in Provo. No, it wasn’t me, it was only a nightmare. But the memory, the dream, was so real. I shutter one last time before snapping fully back into reality. The scripture comes to mind, “awake my soul, no longer droop in sin, rejoice oh my heart, and give place no more to the enemy of my soul.” Nephi knew something that allowed him to wake up before the nightmare became a reality. The shadows of a setting sun dim on David’s eyes while hope appears to dawn upon Nephi and bring light into his face. The more I think about this concept of “change”, the more apparent it is that perspective on our potential is the power to our progress.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment