Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FW

How in the world does dating work! Everyone pretends that dating someone just for their looks is wrong, yet all I see every day on BYU campus is guys and girls checking each other out; like choosing a cake for the special weekend party. Looks play a big role, and there's no getting around it. Its weird that a good looking girl to me can be different than a good looking girl to my roomate. Overall, dating is really wierd. Trying to get married is even worse. Its like being stuck in a clothing store called BYU, and all you do is glaze over one weird outfit after another.
I was sitting in the library a week ago, and I tell myself that I need to get girl's number to go on a date this next week (FYI:This is going through every guys head at BYU). What am I supposed to do, without feeling really shallow. I immediately start looking for the most beautiful girl I can. Girls can't judge guys for this because they are the same way, but they just deny it more then guys. So, I'm cake shopping. This beautiful girl passes me. She is leaving the library. I'm still on my computer and I have all my homework out. I know that if I don't take my chance with her I'm going to regret it later. I close all of my open windows on my computer, log out, and start trying to catch up with this girl. I remembered seeing her a couple times on campus and thinking that I needed to ask her out. But what in the world are you supposed to say! In one conversation I am supposed to convince her that I am trustworthy, funny, and all the other 25 qualities that she is looking for in a cake. The conversation begins. Me, "Didn't you go spring summer in on campus." Great, now she thinks I'm a stocker. Her, "Ya...." Me, "I thought so, you are one of those people that I would see every time I came on campus, you know those types of people?" She's probably thinking, "ya, that's what we call a stocker." But she smiled and said, "Ya, I know what your talking about." The ice was broken. It was a miracle. The conversations became very cliche'. The conversation ended, and I got her number. An every day, unescapable experience on BYU campus.

No comments: