R.A.
I am going to analyze my Paper on Sex Ed. In South Africa
First of all, I think that my essay is awesome. I was going for more of the Logos and Ethos approach, and barely touched on an appeal to emotion, since my audience was the African Governance. My introduction was slightly an appeal to emotion, because it talked about how a Government official lost his son to the HIV virus. Obviously thousands are affected by this virus every year, but using just one person, and being the son of a government official makes it an appeal to the emotions of the other government officials as well. I used a lot of research from journals, such as how many people in Africa compared to the rest of the world get HIV through sexual transmission. The flowing logic was that the African people individually were too afraid of talking about such a stigmatized subject to there children. There needed to be a outer control, the government, that would institute public programs that educated the population on the dangers and the precautions of HIV. To conclude I stated the enthymeme, which was Introducing South African children at an earlier age to sex education will decrease the spread of HIV because teaching children at an earlier age will increase awareness and prepare them to fight against conformities of having unsafe sex.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment