T.A.
I think it would be helpful for me to practice editing. I am not able to change things really well. I get too attached to what I write. So, I am going to edit my last free write.
An old man walks through a lush cluster of trees
And wonders how they grow with such mystical ease
A warm whisper he hears, or was it a thought
We trees can show you what men should be taught.
The shortly passed storm was not easy to take
The winds did howl and some branches did brake,
The rain fell hard and flooded our grounds,
But what would you do to turn trials around
We captured that water to strengthen our health
The branches we used and turned waste into wealth
We could be angry as most men we see are,
But we choose to welcome the life-giving scars
All men go through storms in a similar way,
But good men are those who can flourish through pain
It's easy for bad men to look good in the sun
But it’s the storms that define who’s lost and who’s won.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment