Wednesday, November 7, 2007

T. A.

I would like to practice using verbs and nouns for my description, and adjectives and adverbs only when necessary.
Escape. My back numbs while my front thaws in front of the fire. The scene is picturesque. My closest friends tightly frame the fire and act as heaters for my frigid arms. Water is still dripping off our swim suits, yet the towels remain in the back of the car. The fire keeps everyone from going to get the towels, but even more than that, the warmth of the experience seems to pacify their discomfort. Everyone there has waited all year for these favored moments. It is tradition to jump into the glacier water in the middle of the night and then sit around the fire and swap funny, scary, and everything-in-between stories. I can’t imagine a better explanation of an escape from homework and stress. I look over the heads of those in front of me and watch the sun set behind the pine tree covered mountains in Montana. Everyone’s voices seem to be the soundtrack to my favorite show. Escape
I feel like this is becoming a redundant way that I write. I like that it is visual, but I think some readers would want to gag at how flowery is sounds. So, Professor Esplin, if you could give me feed back on how I can make this sound less flowery that would be great. Thanks

No comments: