Friday, November 16, 2007

T.A.

I would like to practice the steps of revision: I will do this on one of the papers I’ve written.
One of the problems with my paper is that I am mentioning a problem with my own argument in the paper. This was supposed to be a good thing. I was trying to bring up counter arguments so that I could create credibility by showing how their argument didn’t hold water after all. Regretfully, it didn’t come across that way, I just seemed to have weakend my own argument. Secondly, I created one argument that wasn’t very strong, and seemed a little naïve. I was thinking of doing more research to better my argument, but instead I think that I am just going to cut it out completely. I don’t think it is salvageable.
I think I could also just tighten up my presentation, through reworking my wording and bettering my order. I actually hadn’t thought of looking through my essay for fixing the order of presentation. Also, in regards to reworking it, I will read it and watch for clarity, emphasis, tone, etc. I think I kepted a good tone, but my voice seems a little muffled; by that I mean that my points are just underdeveloped. That is a major thing I want to work on, developing my points. This will probably require some extra research.

No comments: