I would like to practice clarity:
here is an experience I wrote to my family. I am going to make it more clear.
Recently I went to Jerusalem and had an incredible experience that I wanted to share with you all. I was struggling with a lot at the time (the good old struggles of life). We went to Galilee and spent nine days living on the shore, studying our scriptures and visiting the places that Christ visited. One of the first days we were there they drove us to Mt Arbel, which is the tallest mountain that is right on the edge of the sea. Because of these high hills and mountains surrounding Galilee there are extremely harsh winds that make is impossible to sail a small boat in the stormy seas. While I was on the mountain my mind turned to the time when Christ calmed the raging sea. "And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm." (Mark 4:37-39).
I had wondered if the lord cared how I was really struggling. I also wanted to ask him, "carest thou not that I perish." He seemed silent to me at the time, but there on the Mt Arbel I felt the Lord ask me to recall what I had gone through. I did. I thought of every doubt and struggle I had been going through, and one by one I felt his words resonate in my heart saying, "Peace be still." He can calm the raging tempest of our lives. He can also cause us to arise and walk, spiritually, like he did physically to the lame man. He can give us sight, and raise us from the dead. He is the great Healer. He must be for all of us. We must experience the healing power of the Savior. I now we can.
Edited version:
I recently went to Jerusalem and had an incredible experience. At the time, I was struggling with a lot (the good old struggles of life). We went to Galilee and spent nine days living on the shore, studying our scriptures and visiting the places that Christ visited. When we arrived, they drove us to Mt Arbel, the tallest mountain right on the edge of the sea. Because of these high hills and mountains surrounding Galilee there are extremely harsh winds that make is impossible to sail a small boat in the stormy seas. While I was on the mountain my mind turned to the time when Christ calmed the raging sea. "And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm." (Mark 4:37-39).
I had wondered if the lord cared that I was really struggling. I wanted to ask him, "carest thou not that [I] perish." He seemed silent to me at the time, but there on the Mt Arbel I felt the Lord ask me to recall what I had gone through. I did. I thought of every doubt and struggle I had been going through, and one by one I felt his words resonate in my heart saying, "Peace be still." He can calm the raging tempest of our lives. He can also cause us to arise and walk, spiritually, like he did physically to the lame man. He can give us sight, and raise us from the dead. He is the great Healer. He must be for all of us. We must experience the healing power of the Savior. I now we can.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment